Perhaps one of the most peculiar (and the most fun!) projects I've done so far: Four Word Phrases. We had to pick the 9th, 4th, 6th and 2nd letters of our name and come up with phrases using these letters. When a friend suggested Asses seem certainly erotic, another friend proceeded to scream at me "DO A 1950'S PIN UP DONKEY" and the idea escalated from there. I chose to used acrylics to get the bright colours I desired. I learnt a lot about pin-up artists during this process, and was very inspired by Dean Yeagle's character for Playboy, Mandy. (left; Dean Yeagles Mandy, Below; Four Word Phrase Client visual sketch and Four Word Phrase Final.)Hey, my name is Jess and I'm an Illustration student currently studying at Lincoln Uni, UK. This blog is for me to share my work with you, and show you how I think!
Saturday, 24 August 2013
"Asses Seem Certain Erotic"
Perhaps one of the most peculiar (and the most fun!) projects I've done so far: Four Word Phrases. We had to pick the 9th, 4th, 6th and 2nd letters of our name and come up with phrases using these letters. When a friend suggested Asses seem certainly erotic, another friend proceeded to scream at me "DO A 1950'S PIN UP DONKEY" and the idea escalated from there. I chose to used acrylics to get the bright colours I desired. I learnt a lot about pin-up artists during this process, and was very inspired by Dean Yeagle's character for Playboy, Mandy. (left; Dean Yeagles Mandy, Below; Four Word Phrase Client visual sketch and Four Word Phrase Final.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment